How DWM – Deutsche Wein Marketing GmbH is responding to the COVID-19 situation
Prioritizing safety without forgetting quality
For approximately 25 years we have pursued the same maxim: quality. Now we go even one step further to reach the highest standards of hygiene and safety without disadvantaging anyone – whether our partners, our employees, or our participants. We are permanently monitoring the evolving situation and adapting our efforts and responses.
We want to stay on the side of our participants
In these times of uncertainty and changing markets in the wine sector, it is more important than ever for our customers to be present and visible to wine consumers. That is why we have decided not to cancel our international wine challenges, as we know that our events and our medals are a decisive factor in determining the purchase decision.
In our events we already carry out exhaustive controls, both external and internal, to guarantee that the regulations and methodologies are respected. But given the current situation, we have obviously reinforced hygiene and safety measures. For us, the task was therefore to harmonise the legal requirements with the guidelines of the OIV, the UIOE and Vinofed. And this to such a degree that Wine Trophies will take place at the high-quality level that all are accustomed to as a submitter and as a jury member.
We have therefore decided to implement some additional measures to minimize the risk of contagion, of which the most representative are:
• Reduction of the number of jury groups by 60% to maintain a sufficient distance
• Increase in the number of tasting days, divided into slots where different jury groups will participate
• Each jury group will have its own “service” and “runner” staff in order to avoid any transmission
• All members of our staff will be taught the anti-contagious methods issued by the WHO
• All jurors will be advised to follow certain prevention practices
• We will provide hygienic material (masks, gloves, disinfectants, etc.) available to everyone
• All risk elements (glasses, spittoons, evaluation tablets, etc) will be personalized to avoid any transmission
• All common areas will be regularly cleaned and disinfected by our Cleaning Team
The highest industry standards
Some procedures will be different, but the core will be the same: the highest industry standards will be maintained. The tasting process will be optimized by these measures, but its quality is in no way compromised. During this unprecedented time, DWM – Deutsche Wein Marketing continues to abide by all relevant internal policies and local commitments, laws, and regulations. We ensure that these claims are verifiable, substantiated and accurate.
We will continue being on the side of our participants, we will continue to recognize the best wines, we will continue to lead the way in wine competitions. After all, our leadership is not by chance. The success of our participants is our own success.