According to a study performed by Geisenheim University, the Berliner Wine Trophy is the best-known international wine challenge among German consumers.
Over 20,000 different wines submitted yearly from 41 countries; more than 2,000 active users on our platform; thousands of satisfied customers can’t be wrong.
Participants who have applied our Grand Gold, Gold, or Silver medals to their products increased sales by an average of 24% on the German wine market.
In order to guarantee compliance with all the strict rules of the competition, the tasting of the Berliner Wein Trophy takes place under notarial supervision.
Our competitions are performed according to OIV and UIOE rules. This, along with our own controls, make our wine contests probably the most strictly controlled worldwide.
For over 25 years, DWM has been setting standards in the wine industry. We specialize in organizing and hosting international wine tastings and wine fairs.
Being awarded at a Wine Trophy is already extraordinary (due to the 30% rule). On top of this, we award Special Awards too. Only the best of the best will achieve it.
In order to keep high-quality standards, we commission oenological analyses (performed by an independent laboratory) to every awarded wine in Berliner Wine Trophy.
1. User Account: sign up or log in
We recommend you to create your own user account, in which you can register your wines online.
In addition to the online registration, your account offers many other benefits:
- register, correct, or delete your wines whenever you want
- have a better overview of your wines for all our different contests
- print the “sample pass” easily
- check the results after the contests, before they are openly published
- download a preliminary version of the diplomas of your awarded wines
- order medals for your awarded wines, with a few clicks
- download an HD picture of your submitted wines
- download the laboratory analyses of your awarded wines (only BWT)
3. Payment options
During the online registration of the wine, you can choose bank transfer.
Bank: Berliner Volksbank
IBAN: DE 4710 0900 0010 2070 4000
BIC/SWIFT: BEVODEBBXXX Please specify your customer ID, the invoice number, or the company name as the description of the transfer.
4. Sending the samples
Right after online registration, you will receive an automatic email (to the email address you have provided) confirming those wines which have been correctly submitted. You can send the samples for the wine challenges to the corresponding address:
Berliner Wine Trophy
Please mind the following important details when sending the samples:
• Please make sure you have checked the deadline and the address
• Participants of the Berliner Wine Trophy must send 4 bottles* of each registered reference
• Participants of the Portugal Wine Trophy must send 4 bottles* of each registered reference
• Participants of the Asia Wine Trophy must send 6 bottles* of each registered reference
• The corresponding “sample pass” for each reference must be included in the package
• Please ensure that no customs duties are incurred (see instructions for international wine-tasting sample dispatch)
*bottles à 0.75 liters; in case of lower capacity bottles please send (at least) 3 liters in total.
How much does it cost?
The participation fee for each sample submitted is €135.00. In Germany, a statutory added amount is to be paid as legal VAT. However, for countries in the European Union and other third-party countries, VAT is not incurred with the presentation of a valid VAT ID number.
In order to allow smaller wine producers to enjoy greater participation, the following special regulations have been introduced for wine-producing companies. The individual producers are grouped according to the size of their operation, with the growing area of their vineyards serving as the basis for the calculation. The participation fee for these companies is also €135.00 per fee.
The following scale applies:
|0 to 5 ha||1||1||plus 2 free*|
|5.1 to 10 ha||2||2||plus 4 free*|
|10.1 to 15 ha||3||3||plus 6 free*|
|15.1 to 20 ha||4||4||plus 8 free*|
|20.1 to 25 ha||5||5||plus 10 free*|
|25.1 to 30 ha||6||6||plus 12 free*|
|30.1 to 35 ha||7||7||plus 14 free*|
|35.1 to 40 ha||8||8||plus 16 free*|
|40.1 to 50 ha||9||9||plus 18 free*|
|over 50 ha||10||10||plus 20 free*|
|*each additional fee covers 3 wines|
A larger number of wines is submitted than the corresponding fee
• Size of the company: 7.5 Hectares
• Number of samples submitted: 6
• Category: “up to 10 hectares”
• Fee to be paid: 2 x €135.00 (plus VAT) = € 270.00 (plus VAT)
• Number of wines not included in the calculation: 4
• Savings: 4 x €135.00 (plus VAT) = €540.00 (plus VAT)
Average price per submitted sample: €45.00 (plus VAT)
What is included?
There are few wine contests worldwide that offer so many guarantees and services for each submitted wine. In our opinion, success lies in two words: added value. Nowadays it’s not enough just awarding a medal; We offer a complete offline and online marketing package to help promote the award-winning wines:
• The winners will be featured on our website (with several thousand visits per month), in an exclusive area.
• The award-winning wines are promoted actively and passively, via social networks.
• The results are sent to the members of the jury with the aim of linking wine buyers and wine producers.
• We work hand in hand with our partners to highlight the winners against competitors.
• Presence of the winners in important fairs such as ProWein, thanks to the delivery of diplomas.
• High-quality DIN-A3 size diplomas, with a gold (or silver) laminated medal, for all winners.
• Many important online platforms offer “packages” and “sets” using our medals as a commercial hook.
• The winning wines are present in our events in Asia, aimed at professionals in the sector.
• Masked and cropped HD-photos of all the wines registered, available at your user account.
• Free medal in digital format in order to promote your award-winning wines.
2 Trophies, 1 Fee
An additional 6 bottles of the registered products will be required for tasting in Asia which you can send to DWM in Berlin either together with the other samples or at a later date (complying with delivery deadlines).
Products enrolled for the Asia Wine Trophy that receive an award, will of course count towards the results of the Golden League.
Medals: Stickers & Printing Rights
Knowing the factors that influence customers when they have to decide which product to buy, is a very important issue. Many marketing experts strive to find answers to this question, but several elements affect this process so it is difficult to establish fixed rules.
The key to success lies in these factors, and luckily we know and offer one of them: our medals. Customers can recognize the higher quality of your products (rated by experts from all around the world) and they will choose yours over other products which have no medal.
As a submitter of a Wine Trophy, you have the possibility to order medal stickers and reproduction rights for your awarded products. Here you can find our guidelines for the correct use of the Medals of DWM – Deutsche Wein Marketing.
As an alternative to medal stickers, you can acquire the printing rights. This way you can integrate our medal into the label design.
Here you can download the Printing Rights Form ↓