The Golden League is the League of the Wine Champions. The one to win this highlight of the DWM competition undoubtedly ranks among the world’s most successful wine producers. For you, this means: as a Golden League winner, you hold the unofficial world cup of the wine industry in your hands.
The highest endowed wine award worldwide
Details of the Golden League
With the Golden League, DWM introduced in 2014 an additional award for the submitters of the various Wine Trophies, which is only reserved to the producers. In order to offer opportunities to the smaller producers to position themselves in addition to the big players based on their quality, different categories have been introduced here that were formed on the basis of the company size. Companies that buy additional quantities of wine or grapes and market them under their own label are classified according to the total amount produced. This leads to an objective comparison other companies of its size.
Overall awards will be given in different categories:
• There will be a category each for producers with sizes up to 10, up to 20, up to 30, up to 40, up to 50, up to 100, up to 250, up to 500, and over 500 hectares.
• There will also be a category for cooperatives up to 250, up to 500, and over 500 hectares.
• For sparkling wine producers, there will be a category each for up to 25, up to 50, and over 50 hectares.
• Generally for fortified wine producers (Port wine, Madeira, Sherry, etc.).
The division into these categories is the best way to ensure an objective classification.
All the products awarded at the Wine Trophies will be considered in the reviews. For the different medals, a score has been set. The addition of the individual scores and individual Trophies contributes to the total score for each company at the end of the year.
The winner of each category will receive:
1. WEINmesse berlin (Berlin Wine Fair) – Germany’s largest consumer fair for wine with 35,000 visitors
• 8 sqm booth incl. booth construction, services and all costs incurred at the fair
• 2 pages of presentation in the brochure of the WEINmesse berlin – circulation: 20,000
• 4 nights in 4 star plus hotel at Borsigturm Berlin during the Wine Fair
2. Asia International Wine Week
• 6 sqm booth at the Daejeon in Daejeon Korea
• Presentation opportunity in the tasting area for award-winning wines
• Opportunity to hold a seminar / presentation of wines during the Asia Buyers Conference
• If you have the necessary qualification, you can also participate as a judge at the Asia Wine Trophy
• Shipping cost coverage for the wines / booth material (sea freight) to Korea – up to 500 kg
• Allowance for flight expenses up to € 1,000.00
• 6 nights in a 4 star hotel for 2 persons in Daejeon
3. Internet presentation
On the website of DWM, each winner from a particular category will have the opportunity of a presentation in a separate area.